HBCU Legacy Bowl Internship
The HBCU Legacy Bowl, presented by the Black College Football Hall of Fame, is a postseason all-star game showcasing the best NFL draft-eligible football players from Historically Black Colleges and Universities. More than a football game, the week-long celebration of Black culture and history will provide invaluable exposure for HBCU students and experience for HBCU Legacy Bowl Interns.
The HBCU Legacy Bowl Internship will provide hands-on experience with the opportunity to learn about all facets of the HBCU Legacy Bowl including, but not limited to Marketing, Ticketing, Operations, Player Personnel, Career Fair, and more. Selected interns will be assigned to a department based on qualifications and career interests.
Interns will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support for programs, initiatives, game operations, and other duties as assigned. Ideal candidates will have an interest in pursuing a career in the sports industry, strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, and ability to remain professional in high-pressure and fast-paced environments.
Internship Dates: Sunday, February 19, 2023 - Saturday, February 25, 2023
Compensation: $500 stipend; Room and board
HBCU Legacy Bowl Internship Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled full-time at an accredited Historically Black college or university in Louisiana (2 internships available for students at Grambling University, 2 internships available for students at Southern University, 2 internships available for students at Dillard University and 2 internships available for students at Xavier University.)
- Cover Letter (must explain academic accomplishments, career goals, and community involvement; 500-800 words)
- Three (3) References (must provide contact information. Letters are NOT required.)
- Application window: December 31st, 2022
- Internship Announcement December 10th.