HBCU Legacy Bowl Tristen Edgerson Memorial Scholarship
Tristen Edgerson is a former Grambling University student and a graduate of McNeese State University. The New Orleans native was in passionate pursuit of a career in sports journalism upon his untimely death at the age of 23 from a sudden brain hemorrhage.
He had just received a college degree and had an internship with Sports Illustrated's Saints News Network. Tristen will not get to pursue his dreams but we want to keep his legacy alive by helping someone else get the opportunity to pursue theirs. To honor the life and continue the legacy of Tristen Edgerson, the HBCU Legacy Bowl with award an HBCU student with a need and merit based scholarship of $2500.
- Must be currently enrolled full-time at an accredited Historically Black College or University in the U.S.
- Must have at least one year of school remaining at the time of the application submission
- Cover Letter (must explain academic accomplishments, career goals, community involvement and financial need; 500 - 800 words)
- Three (3) References (must provide contact information. Letters are NOT required.)
- Documents must be a Microsoft Word document or PDF. Please save and submit all documents as "Name.Year.TypeofFile" (example: JaneDoe.2022.Resume)
Scholarship Award Policies
- Scholarship awards are disbursed in one payment to the recipient upon proof of enrollment.
- A scholarship selection committee will select the winners based on the Legacy Bowl Career Fair Committee's scoring system and adherence to the application guidelines and requirements.
- Winners will be formally recognized on the career fair's website.
- January 1st - January 22nd.
- Award announcement: February 25th at the kickoff of the Career Fair